Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What is the gift for my life?

I never in my wildest dreams saw myself as a teacher. I've had GREAT teachers that actually taught me something. And I've had bad teachers where students knew more than the teacher ever taught. I never imagined that I would be in their shoes teaching little kids.

I believe with all my heart that I was meant to be a daycare owner. This "job" is the only job I've had that brings me the most joy.

Although I was never a morning person, to wake up and know you have 6 little ones coming to your house to learn something new and become curious little learners, is an amazing feeling to me. I feel great when I see kids. A big smile appears on my face and I feel genuinely good.

It can also be a rather daunting task for someone that don't feel like teaching comes natural to her. I'm stuck in the crossroads of life. I know anything worth having, there will be a struggle behind it. I know I still love kids, but I'm unsure if I want to continue being a "teacher" to such young and impressionable minds.

So, I'd like to hear from my audience: what do you all think I should do? Should I stick to my guns and continue doing what I love? Or should I be one of those people that go from job to job?

Oh p.s. by the way, I forgot to mention that I would sorta have to reinvent myself anyway because my hubby is serving in the military and we move around a lot.

Well thanks for hearing me out. I'd love to hear what you all think. Advice/criticism is encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment